Skip to main content

Archive

Show more

I'm still in PDP, Ekweremadu Says


Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu’s political future is in the hands of God and so far, he is happy with how far he has gone.

So, for the rumours that he had suddenly become unhappy in the PDP, the Enugu politician has assured his supporters and constituents that he is still a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

In fairness to Ekweremadu’s supporters, the story of his supposed defection seemed quite believable as it was connected to the preference of Peter Obi over him as PDP’s presidential running mate.

They said that former Anambra Governor being named by PDP presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar as his running mate for the 2019 elections left Ekweremadu feeling unappreciated.

But the Deputy Senate President has quickly quashed the idea on his Facebook page

He wrote: “I am presently out of the country on a pre-scheduled engagement.

READ: Senator Shehu Sani Joins PRP, Leaving These Words For APC

“In the past 24 hours, I have been inundated with calls from friends and political associates seeking clarification on the rumours of my departure from the PDP, which has dominated the media.

“Let it be known that my path in politics is in the hands of the Almighty God, who has indeed been very faithful and gracious to me. I’m very grateful to God for this.”

On leaving PDP, he stated, “My vision in politics is a system that works for everybody, a social and political environment where everybody, every section, and every tribe not only counts, but is also seen to count.

“As leaders, we must be mindful of this, for any system built on anything less will not endure.

“I am grateful to you - members of my family, my friends, political associates, and admirers across Nigeria and beyond - for your uncommon concern. I am indeed humbled by your kind words of solidarity and support.

“Please, rest assured that I am still in the PDP.”

Please share the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIRL BITTEN BY WHITE-SPIDER, GET MEDICAL ATTENTION

It has been a clear fact in Africa of the present dangerous snake biting and killing numerous citizens through it dangerous venom. This snake is by name called "THE WHITE SPIDER". It has gone round the whole Africa in wide number but more numerous in Nigeria as the case is now. Share this to continue enlightening people of the present of this dangerous snake.

MYSTERY OF BERMUDA TRIANGLE

Bermuda photo One of life’s great mysteries, the Bermuda Triangle might have finally found an explanation. This strange region, that lies in the North Atlantic Ocean between Bermuda, Miami and San Juan, Puerto Rico, has been the presumed cause of dozens and dozens of mind-boggling disappearances of ships and planes. The Bermuda Triangle lore includes such stories as that of  Flight 19,  a group of 5 U.S. torpedo bombers that vanished in the Triangle in 1945. A rescue plane sent to look for them also disappeared. Other stories include the mystery of  USS Cyclops , resulting in the largest non-combat loss of life in U.S. Navy’s history. The ship with a crew of 309 went missing in 1918. Even as recently as 2015,  El Faro , a cargo ship with 33 on board vanished in the area.

music by Chiemela Jes - Forever I am yours

Chiemela Jes is a Worship Leader, a Song Writer, Teenagers' Pastor and a Jesus' Lover whose passion is to lead the souls of men to the Father's heart via worship.  FOREVER I AM YOURS (My Love Song). This is not an ordinary worship song, but a love song to my Savior who gave us the Eternal Salvation. This is a song of INTIMACY with my Father and my King, who I am not ashamed to be called His Own. A song of Allegiance to the Captain of my destiny. He is my Lover, my Source, my Everything, and my Jesus. CLICK HERE  TO LISTEN AND DOWNLOAD Lyrics of FOREVER I AM YOURS. Solo 1: *Who will not serve a God like You? Who will not worship a King like You? You're my Everything, and You're my Source, forever, You're my God. *Who will serve the God You are? And who will not worship the King You are? You're my Guide and Light, and my Strength,  Forever I am Yours. Chorus: I love You Jesus, Jesus, forever, I am Yours.  My Savior, Savior, forever, I am Your...